Iaido at Byakkokan Dojo
Class is broken down in 3 aspects:
- Kata is the practice of basics and forms;
- Tameshigiri (or test cutting), in Toyama Ryu Batto Jutsu, is to test the cutting ability of the sword, gain experience in striking a solid object and improve timing, distance, angle and grip;
- Gekken is free play or sparring. We use foam swords, but although they do use foam, they are not flexy or soft. They have a dense center and can do some damage and understand gekken is not for everyone.
Head teacher — Sang Kim sensei (6th Dan Renshi - Toyama Ryu ZNTIR, 6th Dan - US Battodo Federation, 4th Dan - Seizan Kai).
- Henry Kim — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 3th Dan - US Battodo Federation, 2nd dan - Seizan Kai;
- Dan Park — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 3th Dan - US Battodo Federation, 2nd dan - Seizan Kai, 3th Dan - Kendo;
- Kyle Kim — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 3nd Dan - US Battodo Federation;
- Zach Biesanz — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 3th Dan - US Battodo Federation, 2nd dan - Aikido;
- Kevin Raz — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 3th Dan - US Battodo Federation;
- Charles Choi — 3th Dan - ZNTIR, 2nd Dan - US Battodo Federation;
- Ron Duponte.
- 14th Street (1000 ft) IND 6th Av
- 14th Street – Union Square (1200 ft) BMT Broadway
- Sixth Avenue (1200 ft) BMT Canarsie
Sport class for
- young men✗
- young women✗
|1 month (1 class per week)||100|
|1 month (2 classes per week)||130|
|1 month (college students unlimited)||100|