- All swimming lessons are taught utilizing the American Red Cross guidelines and teaching techniques. These lessons are available to the children and grandchildren of SRC members;
- Beginner swim lessons are for adults with little or no comfort in the water. Participants will learn how to hold their breath, float, get an introduction to the basic strokes and learn basic water safety skills;
- Intermediate swim lessons are for adults that have completed adult beginner or have equivalent skills. Participants in this class are comfortable in the water but need stroke and stamina improvement.
Children’s Swim Lessons PrerequisitesTo activate tabpage press spacebar:
- Parent & Me: (ages 6 months to 3 years) Little to no experience in the water; parent required;
- Tiny Tots: (ages 3 to 4) Little to no experience in the water; can begin to perform basic water movement, including kicking and gliding;
- Level 1: (ages 5+) Little to no experience in the water; can begin to perform basic water movement, including gliding, kicking, arm movement, and floating on front and back;
- Level 2: (ages 5+) Some experience in the water; can push off wall and kick; comfortable placing face in water and floating on front or back with assistance;
- Level 3: (ages 5+) Can push off wall and perform the front stroke and backstroke for 10ft without assistance.